Finally after these past two weeks of craziness with finishing up the semester and tests I had time to slow down and enjoy my morning. Breakfast is easily my favorite meal of the day and I love making everything including egg scrambles, homemade biscuits and of course pancakes! Now with my pancakes I really like to make them with protein powder in them to bump up the nutritional value and also help keep my full longer. When I cook I’m one of those people who just adds things in until it looks right, but luckily with these pancakes I’m about to share they’re pretty fool proof!
Easy High Protein Pancakes
2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I use BSN Vanilla Ice Cream)
1 whole egg
1 container of plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup of flour (or in this case I actually used bisquick because we were out of flour)
- Mix all the ingredients together, you can add additional flour if it seems too runny (different protein powders are going to have different size scoops).
- Let sit for at least 3 minutes so that the batter can thicken..I’m not sure why this makes such a difference but it does!
- While the batter is thickening go ahead and get the skillet warming up on medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a 1/3 cup of batter on the skillet (I’m lazy and only like to get one measuring cup dirty haha).
- Once the top has bubbles all over the top flip it over and cook for an additional two minutes or until it’s easy to slide your spatula underneath.
- Stack ’em up and they’re ready to eat, add whatever toppings you like! I like to scoop out any remaining greek yogurt I might have left in the container and put it on them (I’ll take that extra protein thank you!).
These pancakes really are some of the best I’ve made, and I’ve made a lot! The protein powder gives them this slightly cakey vanilla flavor that is sweet enough to be eaten without any syrup or additional sugary toppings. Along with having around 20 grams of protein from the powder the greek yogurt has protein and probiotics! Add fresh fruit and coffee and it’s the perfect way to start your day!
xoxo, the blonde
On a side note isn’t my Super Man mug the coolest?